Monday 10 September 2012

  A letter from the Lord

To
Homo sapiens
Earth, Solar System
Date: Today
Place: Lord Krishna’s office, Heaven
Dear Humans,
I have been following all your arguments on Evolution and Creationism, rather heated debates at times. I am writing to you on behalf of all the gads (I prefer gads over gods) not to defend the idea of creationism, but to question the evolution of the creators itself. The old man, Charles Darwin, and many other people like him, have proposed the idea of evolution so as to explain the vast diversity of life forms. I kind of like the idea as they explain by reasoning and experimentation rather than just blind faith in something.
(Image credit: bestofdesijokes.blogspot.com)


Considering this scenario on the earth, I always wondered why the hell we, the Gads, look the same since the time we were created. The world is changing with time; even the tiny micro-organisms are evolving mechanisms which are good for them. I mean-what is wrong with you?
You never changed the way we look neither in photograph nor in Photoshop. So I am putting down a few wishes that we, as the Gads you created, long for.
We always wanted to get funky looks, wear branded clothes, and be called by a cool name like Krish. At least an electric guitar which could help me hack a few girls’ hearts. Let me tell you, it is not all that vibrant here in heaven as you have described. You have attributed to me success with many girls. But, it is a completely different situation here. Sex ratio is quite skewed in heaven. Blame the sex identification techniques of the corrupt doctors who do not seem to spare even the Gads.
                                       
Image: momorobo.com
You might ask why I would need all these.
C’mon. I am not asking you to give me money or build a fancy air-conditioned temple with swimming pools and all those luxuries. I am just asking you to update the way we look at least in photographs so that I would upload those narcissistic photos in my Facebook page.
Hoping for a crazy change,
Yours Gadly

Lord Krish
“Gad must be crazy.”

PS: This is just a piece of fiction. It is not meant to hurt theist’s feelings about the Gad(s), but FYI, I am an atheist.





6 comments:

  1. nice post :) I thought only we keep demands to 'Gads'... Trading will be a good idea for everyone's satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vinayak.
    If we assume that the Gad(s) do exist(I believe he/she doesn't),he/she could be very interactive for every ones benefits.
    Just a crazy thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite original...
    FYI, our gadesses do have excellent 'nauvari' sarees for them.
    So, this wish was granted by our (not so long ago ) great grand parents.(the origin of the nauvari is probably the 15th century) We have been lazy enough. I would recommend some cool blazers for gads and skirts with platinum jewellary for their better halves ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nishad.
      The Gads should probably checkout some online shopping sites like Myntra(I am not advertising for it)to keep up with today's fashion.
      And yes their half shirts (Ardha-angis, aka wives) may check out
      places like D Damas (or what ever) for latest collection.

      PS: Ardha means half, angi means body. Angi also means shirt in Telugu and Kannada.

      Delete